Monday, August 01, 2005

The Darkness..

We can only appreciate the dark when we have waited in the darkness.

They say that darkness and light are two faces of the same coin. They say that light is what prevails, what's right and what rules. They say enlightenment is divine.

I say darkness is.

I have been in darkness. It's a shadow that's been cast over me. Darkness, depression, detest. But its not really me. Darkness has given me the ability to see beyond. To search, to look around for the light. Is the source divine or is the destiny?

I, Naureen Keswani, have the ability to rise above it. To fly so high that my sorrows cannot follow me. I dwell. I exist. But I love.

I love myself. I love my circle of friends who support me. I love the gifts I receive. I love life to be exact.

I, Naureen Keswani, am not the dark which takes over me... I am influenced by it. But this in no way, in no particular, certain way defines who I am.

Being in the darkness has been good. It has given me the ability to separate darkness from the dark. Whats already dark is dark and it influences. But yr being in darkness in no way affirms that you are the dark one.

You say that light is all there is in the end. True.

But you see, I through the process of life, have developed the ability to seperate the characterstic of the 'Lit'. The now lit can have been the then in darkness. Hence, a past cannot really define a person's future.

His actions do.

And I plan to make mine glorious.

Love,
Naureen Keswani.

3 comments:

SR said...

what a beautiful post..

inshaAllah, you'll continue rising all above it n! =)

Samar Owais said...

This is the best post you've written so far. I'm a fan! Love the way you've portrayed it.

Blue Water said...

Thanks :D I am flattered :)

Shaima: INSHALLAH! and i will continue writing abt it :) INSHALLAH

extiinct: Thanks :) the darkness and night fascinates me :)