Friday, April 22, 2005

It came again

It almost got me last night. The dolefullness. The despair. I almost gave in. It came to a point where I was confused. I was crying and coughing at the same time. Didnt know whether to wipe my tears or soothe my coughing. Then, I gave in. I thought last night, that the sleep that I was going to experience would be same as many before. Going to bed, sobbing my heart out and waking up the next day with my eyes swollen. Telling everybody its a cold or an allergy.. when in reality it never was! I fooled so many of my friends like that before. But this despair has been following me on and off for the past few years. And then, I changed.

It was the same almost last night. Listening to music, thinking about things that have shaped so much. And suddenly, I couldnt stop the flow that my heart, my pained heart had engendered. Mom almost caught me crying. Thank God the cough was there so I pretended it was a cold. Then, I lay down. I didnt take those nose drops that mom asked me to. I just wanted to be alone with my despair. Let it attack me - again. And then, it stopped. Good thing I had my tasbi (prayer beads) with me. I just clutched them and felt the power. And then, it stopped. Had a somewhat peaceful sleep. This morning is different. No unusally swollen eyes. No moroseness that's extreme. I feel like I am powerful. I am flowing. Its like there's this aura of serenity around me. It's soo soothing. I am glad last night was different. I am SO tired of those nights when I cry myself to sleep and wake up, feeling so pained that even numbness hurts. I am glad it was different. Thank You God :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Little girl, listen to me. You have a wonderful gift - you can make people happy. I know from experience :) I'm serious, you are one of those people who carry the 'happy air' around them, and this thought alone should be enough to keep you from crying! Tears are hard on the soul, a burden; You are fragile! Take care of yourself!
:)

Blue Water said...

I am amazed.. no one ever told me that! Man we gota talk!!

Blue Water said...

Believe me... I was DELIGHTED to find comments on my blog after so long!! I MISSED U!

Anonymous said...

Yeah I've been missing you too yar! We hardly ever talk anymore except in short bubbles :(